Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 1 - C25K

MUST EAT ALL THE THINGS!

This is my reaction to completing Day 1 of the C25K program.  I forgot about this part of running.  Or really, doing any physical activity farther than the couch to the bathroom.

But I did complete Day 1, nearly two weeks after I planned to start the program.  Last week I came down with a wicked sore throat that lasted an entire week.  Then I slept for a whole weekend (just about, really -- think I was awake about 12 hours out of 48).  Then I procrastinated all damn week this week.  Finally I recruited my friend Julie to get my ass to the gym, and today was that day!

As you may recall, I lost about 35 pounds last year when I got sick.  I've been curious to see how that impacts my running.  They say you gain two seconds per mile per pound lost.  That should make me a minute ten faster overall.  Today I stuck to 4.5 mph running on the treadmill, which I think translated into under a 14 minute mile.  I felt like I could definitely go faster but decided not to break myself on the first day.  We go back to the gym tomorrow, and I think Julie is going to do the program with me.  At least, she downloaded the app.  Now I need to find a 5K to do, maybe something in September.  I do want to run the Halloweenathon again this year (the bling!) but want to do something earlier than that.  There is a 5K in Beaverton on September 5, maybe I'll do that one.  And it's only $10 without the commemorative t-shirt (which I'm guessing is cotton).  And it starts at 9:00 a.m.  Hmm...

Think I'll go grab some trail mix for a snack.  Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment